
Above is my favorite park in Macau. I went there for hanging out with my little friends and it is the place for me to play and grow up. (next to me is my little brother)
I feel sad. I wish Macau could be as simple as before .
Talking with a friend about Macau, we also agree Macau is not a nice place anymore. Actually i was raised up there. In my mind, Macau was a very lovely place- nice people and food, interesting buildings and life style...Now she is not like those time i lived in, sustanable and breathable, surrounding nice and not very tall buildings. Originally, i thought Macau could be developed to a unique French or Italian style fishermen town, letting people relax and enjoy the paradise-like life.
Today you can see everywhere is under construction. People from China and other places travel in and out. Few casinos are no longer enough for the great deal of gamblers and the visiters. Macau's economy is growing extremely rapid due to gambling and construction from the new casino entrants. More constructions for more casinos. Eventually, a Las Vagas-like casino city is expected. It has brought an increased standard of living for the Macau people. Say the value of their houses are going up and up. Everyone is getting richer in Macau.
But I can guess for the next generation, they will tend to be working for the casinos. I guess my lovely and smart nephew is more likely to work for the casino in the future. ...I guess Macau is paying for its rapid growing.
while i have to introduce my friends about Macau which is one of the highest-volume gambling centres in the world, i wish i could say one of the simple but unique, cultural place in the world. That's what i would like to spend rest of my life in such nice place.
3 comments:
You think that little girl in the picture can go help me collect my mail?
eric, i can't see any mail in your mail box. won't you come back home?
I love Macau too...
Post a Comment